On Toddlerhood, Motherhood, and Accidental Parenting. Or, How to Duke-It-Out With Your Child Without Coming to Blows

Friday, January 14, 2011

Strange Potty

Today was a strange potty day. I had to force her onto the potty when we got up by offering her a mini cookie I got yesterday at the mall with my sister from Mrs. Field's (they had a special. 20 mini cookies for $6.) I got 6 white chocolate macadamia [my favorite, Mmm], 4 milk chocolate chip, 2 oatmeal raisin [which I fobbed off on Unka Rop,] 2 peanut butter and 6 M&M [for the kids.] Just to spite me, instead of wanting the M&M ones, Little Z wanted white chocolate macadamia, and Tually wanted milk chocolate chip. Traitors.
Anyway, yesterday my sister caught her starting to poop in her diaper, so I plopped her onto the potty, and Tually sat in the bathroom walking with her and amusing her and she finished pooping on the potty! Wahoo! So today, now that we're home again, I let her choose a special poopy present. She chose a Littlest Pet Shop set with a bajillion little accessories and 3 pets. We played with that for a while, and then she wanted to go back into the computer room. I chose a pair of random Spongebob "Squarepanties" underpants for her to tool around the house in, which prompted her to ask to watch some "Spunchbop." [For the record, the Nick Jr panty pack (with Dora, Blue's Clues, Wonder Pets and Sponebob) was the only one she chose. I was pimping the Disney Princess or Dora pack, but she wanted the one with "Bob," despite never having see the show at that point. She also chose "Bob" band-aids.]
At some point, while playing a computer game, she said her poop was coming out, so we sat her on the potty, but she quickly gave up. She asked to sit on the potty again later, again with no results. But I was thrilled that she was telling me that she thought she needed to go, and then that she wanted to use the potty at all! Later she scarpered off, and I heard her breathing funny in the hallway, like when she has gas. Plus a funny smell, so I went to investigate. I was greeted with "No! You go away! Don't look at me!" so I knew she was pooping! I whisked her off to the toilet, dumping the contents of her panties onto the floor into the toilet, and had her sit to finish. Super unusual, since she rarely poops two days in a row. Usually it's every other day. (Running off to poop, and demanding that I go away until she's done is totally normal for us. Nutjob.)

No comments:

Post a Comment